3 MONTH LIMITED MECHANICAL PARTS WARRANTY
We protect your investment with a 3 month guarantee from the date of purchase against product failure due to defect. At our option, General Auto Parts, LLC will repair, have repaired by a repairer of our choice, replace, or refund the purchase price of the part In the event of a failure. We reserve the right to replace the part with equal to or greater miles than the original part purchased. If an engine or transmission assembly purchased is approved by us for repair, we will pay actual labor costs to the repairer, capped at our wholesale labor coverage schedule. No other warranty on labor is expressed or implied.
THE MECHANICAL PARTS WARRANTY EXCLUDES
Breakdowns caused by non-covered components, improper installation, failure to clear computer codes, defective workmanship, usage for which the part was not intended or improper maintenance (e.g. using the correct types and levels of fluids and lubricants as outlined in the owner’s manual).
ALL WARRANTIES & REFUNDS ARE NULL AND VOID IF
- The Terms & Conditions and return policies are not complied, including those on the front of the invoice.
- The part is used in a vehicle for fleet, taxi, racing, off-road recreational purposes, government and commercial use or converted from private passenger use to commercial or fleet use.
- Failure is caused by abuse, misuse, or modifications.
- Failure is caused by towing a trailer or other vehicle unless the vehicle is equipped for this purpose as recommended by the manufacturer.
- The vehicle has been modified to plow snow, whether the snowplow is attached to the vehicle or not.
- The part fails or becomes defective due to the vehicle being involved in a collision, fire, theft, vandalism, riot, terrorism, explosion, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, freezing or flood.
- The part is not installed by an ASE certified mechanic or is shipped/operated outside the continental United States.
- The installed heat tab is removed or melted (mechanical parts). Tamper proof label is removed or broken (electrical parts).
- The ECM was not flashed or reprogrammed by manufacturer’s dealer.
- The part is sold “As-Is” as indicated on the front of the invoice.
- The engine, transmission, transfer case, carrier or axle assembly fluids are over or under filled.
- The vehicle is not serviced and documented at proper intervals or fuel, oil and coolant is not used in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
- The engine oil and filter are not replaced and documented every 3,000 miles with the appropriate manufacturer’s recommended motor oil and fluid level.
- The transmission fluid and filter are not replaced and documented at the time of installation with the appropriate manufacturer’s recommended transmission fluid and level or transmission is not serviced and documented at the manufacturer’s specified interval in accordance with the vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
- Failure to provide written maintenance, installation receipts and other documentation thereof.
- Engines, transmissions, transfer cases, carriers, axle assy. or any other part and the vehicle they are installed in are not made available for inspection & testing within 5 days of filling a claim and prior to removal.
- The “Accessories or Extra Parts”, non-warranty or non-sale parts cause damage or failure to the parts under warranty.
- Core is not for same interchange (fitment) as sold on invoice, not complete (must contain same parts as invoiced part), not rebuildable, e.g., engine block is damaged, transmission case is damaged.
- Purchaser fails to return original part and/or the purchaser does not except delivery of the replacement part or refund within 6 business days of an approved warranty claim or refund.
- Part is not shipped or returned within 6 business days of an RMA# being issued or an approved return.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The original invoice must accompany all returns and is not transferable.
- Warranty is not transferable and only valid for the purchaser named on the invoice.
- Approval for repairs or replacements must be approved by us prior to any work being performed.
- We reserve the right to inspect any product prior to replacement or repair.
- Labor is only included if expressly stated on the front of the invoice. Payment for labor requires our prior approval of the estimate, prior review or proof of scheduled maintenance, and proof the work is done. Labor is capped at the lesser of $50.00 per hour or 100% of the price of the part on the invoice (excluding core charges). Labor coverage Is for defect in material only, labor for parts ordered or sold wrong, or for any other reason is EXCLUDED from any warranty, it’s the installers responsibility to make sure the part fits and interchanges with the application before installation.
- Appropriate maintenance receipts required.
- The year and model of the vehicle or part printed on this invoice is within a range of interchangeability (fitment) and may not necessarily be the exact model and year as the part or vehicle that has been provided.
- Glass breakage and paint damage is not covered under this warranty or sale.
- Refer to the manufacturers “Owner’s Manual” of your vehicle for correct operation and maintenance schedule.
- No guarantee on color match, returns for wrong color will be subject to return policy.
- Refer to the manufacturers “Owner’s Manual” for your vehicle for correct operation and maintenance schedule.
- Mileage is not guaranteed on any part.
- We are not responsible for purchaser errors.
- We are not responsible for shipping/freight delays. Shipping/freight is a 3rd party service and beyond our control.
- Purchaser is fully responsible for all shipping, freight and delivery costs and are non-refundable. We do not issue call tags for returns, purchaser accepts all return costs.
- Shipping, freight, delivery costs or similar damages are not covered by the warranty or sale for any reason.
- Purchaser has 5 business days after receiving item to submit a damage claim.
- We are not responsible for personal injury or damage during, or as a result of, installation of our product.
- Parts determined by us to be “Accessories or Extra Parts”, must be inspected, switched, replaced or removed to accommodate proper installation, which is the responsibility of the installer, such parts have been included to aid in the convenience of installation and are not included in any warranty or sale.
- Engine Warranty: is limited to the Long Block which includes defects in the block, heads, pistons, crankshafts, camshafts, rockers and oil pumps. All other parts that may be provided are “Accessories or Extra Parts” and are excluded from the sale and warranty, including but not limited to parts such as switches, sensors, cables, oil pan, wire harness’, electronics, belts, hoses, filters, gaskets, seals, water pump and manifolds.
- Engine: Claims related to the overheating or improper lubrication of the engine or its components are not covered by this warranty.
- Timing belts/chains, thermostat, water pump, spark plugs, belts, hoses, fluids, filters, gaskets and seals are excluded from the warranty and sale and are routine maintenance items and should be replaced at the time of installation and at the manufacturers recommended service intervals.
- Transmission: It is the responsibility of the installer to reprogram any modules, flush and/or replace the radiator, transmission oil cooler, transmission fluid cooling lines. Replace fluids, filters, gaskets, seals and adjust shifter mechanism.
- Proper operation of the cooling and electrical system must be checked during the installation of products that can be affected by those systems.
- While most fluids have been drained from our products, it is your responsibility to completely drain and replace with fluids, lubricants, anti-freeze and filters that are fresh, clean and approved by the OE manufacturer.
- Any “Recommended Installation Procedures” provided by us must be followed by the installer to maintain warranty coverage.
- Other: Tie rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings and bushings related to steering and suspension components are not included in the warranty or sale and should be inspected and replaced by the installer.
- In The Event of Failure: The purchaser must use all reasonable means to protect the product from further damage and must return the original defective product to The purchaser must furnish us with such information as we may reasonably require, including written proof of the vehicle’s regular maintenance as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer in the owner’s manual. You may be required to have the defective part or vehicle it is installed in or both brought to our facility or a repairer of our choice for inspection or testing by an ASE certified mechanic at your expense. We reserve the right to inspect warranty claims related to engines, transmissions, transfer cases, carriers, axle assemblies or any other part prior to removal or return.
- Extended labor warranty claims will be repaired at our option, General Auto Parts, LLC will perform the labor warranty work or have the work performed by a repairer of our choice.
Tires: Due to many varied and different conditions to which used tires may have previously been exposed, we make absolutely
NO warranty, expressed or implied, as to the fitness for a general or particular purpose or of merchantability in connection with any sale of used tires. ALL USED TIRES ARE SOLD “AS-IS.” Used tires are not tested or labeled by us to meet any safety standards. The purchaser of used tires from us agrees to accept all risks relating to the use of such used tires.
Repair Service: Purchaser hereby authorizes the repair work to be done along with the necessary materials and hereby grant you and/or your employee’s permission to operate the vehicle on streets, highways or elsewhere, at my own risk, for the purpose of, but not limited to, testing and/or inspection. An express mechanic’s lien is hereby acknowledged on the vehicle to secure the amount of repairs thereto. Warranty on labor is limited to craftsmanship and 6 months or 6,000 miles, whichever comes first. Warranty work has to be performed in our shop and cannot exceed the original cost of repair. Purchaser agrees that seller is not responsible for loss or damage to the vehicle or loss of articles caused by fire, theft, accident or any other cause.
There are no other warranties given with purchase or repair, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, the warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, incidental or consequential damage. Some states do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
If any legal action or proceeding arising out, or relating to, any sale is brought by the purchaser or seller, the purchaser shall be responsible for all the seller’s attorney’s fees, costs and expenses incurred in the action or proceedings, all disputes with seller will be subject to jurisdiction and resolution in Winnebago County, IL, and furthermore waive the right to trial by jury, purchaser has read, understands and agrees to all the terms and conditions as outlined by this agreement and the seller invoice, Including the terms and conditions on the reverse side thereof or attached and any extended warranty agreement, if applicable. The purchaser warrants and represents that he/she is fully authorized to enter into this agreement.
Purchaser hereby understands that due to the nature of used auto parts, any of our liability from all causes shall be limited to the price paid for the goods sold or provided. If the merchandise is defective, liability shall be limited to the replacement of parts being provided or a remedy not to exceed the price paid for the goods sold or provided at seller’s option.
Purchaser agrees to indemnify, defend and hold seller harmless from and against any and all claims, suits, demands, liabilities or expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, suffered or incurred, directly or indirectly, as a consequence of the underlying transaction evidenced by the Invoice.
These Terms & Conditions/Extended Warranty Agreements are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right at any time to modify and impose new or additional Terms and Conditions/Extended Warranty Agreements. Such modifications or additional Terms and Conditions/Extended Warranty Agreements will be effective immediately and incorporated into this Agreement, superseding any prior Terms and Conditions/Extended Warranty Agreements between the purchaser and us.
We offer Extended Warranty Agreements on many parts, An Extended Warranty Agreement does not apply to your part unless specifically indicated on the front of this invoice.
Checks are accepted under the following conditions: If your check is dishonored or returned for any reason, you must pay for the amount of the check, plus a return check fee of $35.00 in the form of cash, credit card or cashier’s check. In the event you fail to pay, you authorize us to electronically debit the amount from your checking account. Your usage of a check for payment is your acceptance of these conditions.
Credit Cards are accepted under the following conditions: If you initiate a chargeback to dispute a transaction with the credit card issuer you agree to pay us a chargeback fee of $50.00, you authorize us to electronically charge the amount to your credit card account.
Purchaser agrees to pay compounding interest at the rate of three percent (3%) per month (36% annum) and a late fee of $35.00 per month on any balances remaining unpaid on or after ten days from the date on the front of the invoice.
Definitions: “We,” “us,” “seller” and “our” refers to General Auto, Inc. and/or General Auto Parts LLC. “You,” “your,” “my,” “buyer” and “purchaser” refers to the individual or entity that has placed the order with seller. “ECM” refers to any Electronic Control Module on a vehicle. ”Bare” refers to any part less all removable items.
- Purchased part(s) returned undamaged and complete within 30 days of the original purchase date may be credited at management’s discretion, subject to a 20% restock fee and less all shipping, freight and delivery Any incomplete or disassembled part returned for any reason including warranty claims will not be refunded, part must be returned the way it was purchased.
- Cores must be returned within 30 days, same fitment as sold on invoice and be complete; any incomplete or unbuildable cores will not be refunded, purchasers wanting non-refundable cores back have 5 business days to pick up cores, we are not responsible for delivering non-refundable cores to purchaser. Core Fees are non-refundable until received at our facility and all criteria has been met.
- No returns on “Special Orders or Special Cuts,” sold As-Is All Sales are Final.
- No returns on electrical parts, sold As-Is All Sales are Final.
- Any part being returned that does not include our special identification marks, has had the tamper proof label removed or broken is non-refundable.
- ECM’s being returned must be accompanied by a receipt stating module was flashed or reprogrammed by the manufacturer’s dealer. This is to insure proper module function and drivability. ECM’s are otherwise non-refundable.
- Purchases made with cash: a check refund will be issued.
- Purchases made with a check: if the payment is less than 14 days old, a refund will be issued in the form of an in-store credit. A check refund will be issued if the payment is more than 14 days old.
- Purchases made with a credit/debit card: a credit will be issued to the credit/debit card.
- Purchases made with an in-store credit: an in-store credit will be issued, In-store credit expires one year after issuance.
- A minimum deposit of 50% is required on non-shelved or special order parts and is non-refundable
- Deposits on shelved parts are non-refundable after 14 days.